| Gold Card
Features and Benefits
NBAD Stars Loyalty Program
Your NBAD Gold Credit Card is FREE FOR LIFE; So you need not bother about annual or renewal fees ever again. Choose from standard Visa / MasterCard or the Dubai eGovernment co-branded card
The exciting rewards program from National Bank of Abu Dhabi that offers you greater choices, flexibility, and benefits. [Learn More]
For every purchase you make using your NBAD Credit Card, you earn NBAD Stars. It doesn’t end here; you can also collect Bonus Stars from a large number of NBAD Stars Participating Partners that include airlines, travel agents, hotels, restaurants, and many more.
You can redeem your NBAD Stars for a choice of our redemption Partners. And for your Convenience, we have expanded our redemption capabilities to offer you the ability to convert your NBAD Stars to Skyward Miles.
For more information please visit NBAD Stars Website https://stars.nbad.ae
or Call 8002211 Conditions Apply.
Visa Gold Privileges
Only with your VISA Gold card …
A wide range of enticing and exciting worldwide offers on everything from travel packages and leisure experiences to fine dining and shopping.
For gold card privileges Click here
Added Security for Internet shopping
Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode are free services to help ensure that your internet purchases at select merchants using your NBAD credit card are completely secure.
To register for Verified by Visa services Please click here
To register for MasterCard® SecureCode Please click here
This service is offered absolutely free of charge to all NBAD credit cardholders.
The VBV and SC services significantly increases the security of shopping online and reflects the new security standard introduced by Visa and MasterCard for all online purchases over the internet by its cardholders, and we strongly recommend that you register your NBAD Visa and MasterCard credit cards for these services. The benefit is that whenever you make online purchases at internet sites displaying the “Verified by Visa” or “SecureCode” mark, you will need to enter your own VBV or SC permanent password (which you select when you register); your identity will be verified online, and only when authenticated, will the transaction be allowed. Thus your Visa / MasterCard credit card is protected from unauthorized use online.
Registration for the VBV and SC services is done in two ways:
- Activation Prior to Shopping
This means you activate the VBV / SC service and register your credit card(s) prior to doing a purchase transaction on the internet.
To activate “Prior to Shopping”, simply visit our website www.nbad.ae, click on the VBV / SC icon on the screen to reach the registration page and complete the formalities.
- Activation during Shopping
This means you activate the VBV / SC service and register your credit card during shopping.
To activate “During Shopping”, while shopping at any VBV / SC enabled internet site, the system will automatically recognize that your credit card is not registered, and will transfer you to the registration page to complete the formalities. Remember that you will only be able to register one card during the purchase transaction.
To activate this service “Prior” or “During” shopping, you will need to enter your Card number, Name as on the card, Activation Code, and CVV2 (last 3 digits on the signature panel on the reverse of the card). Once the system validates the information entered, you will be asked to choose your own permanent password, (which you will subsequently use while making all your online purchases at any VBV / SC enabled internet site).
Frequently asked questions
- What is Verified By Visa and Secure Code?
Verified By Visa (from Visa) and Secure Code (from MasterCard) are new services that enable you to use a password (of your choice) with your NBAD Visa and MasterCard respectively, giving you added assurance that only you can use your credit card to make purchases over the Internet. These services are being provided to all NBAD Visa and MasterCard holders free of charge.
- What types of card transactions are covered by the service?
VBV/SC service will cover all your Visa and MasterCard credit card transactions.
- What are the Benefits of VBV/SC?
- An added level of security to online payment transactions. The service aims to reduce Internet fraud and make online shopping secure and safe for customers.
- Allows you, the customer, to actively protect your Visa card and MasterCard from unauthorized use for e-commerce transaction on the internet.
- VBV/SC provides enhanced online security that is convenient and simple to use. There is no special software application to install on your PC or browser - so you are not tied to one PC.
- How do I register for the VBV/SC service?
Once you have your VBV/SC Activation Codes, please visit our website www.nbad.com and click on the Verified By Visa Icon to access the registration page for registering each of your Visa card(s). Then click on the SecureCode Icon to register each of your MasterCard credit card(s).
The registration process for Verified By Visa and SecureCode are similar. During the registration process, you will be prompted to enter your Card number, Name as on the card, Activation Code provided to you and CVV2 (last 3 digits on the signature panel on the reverse of the credit card), then choose your permanent VBV/SC password and your Personal Assurance message. (your Personal Assurance message will appear on a pop-up window whenever you make an online purchase at a participating merchant website).Once you have registered your credit card(s), you will be able to use the VBV/SC service right away at participating merchant websites on the internet.
- What happens when I shop at participating merchant sites without registration?
When you shop at participating merchant websites (VBV/SC enabled sites), the system will automatically recognize that you are a non-registered user and will transfer you to the registration page and prompt you to complete the registration process as mentioned in Q4 above. If you fail to register, your transaction may be DECLINED.
- Can I continue shopping on the Internet without registering?
You may continue to shop only at non-participating websites, however, the transactions are not afforded the security / protection available at participating merchants sites.
- What if I do not receive my Activation Code by mail, or I misplace it after acknowledging for it?
In this case, you need to request for a new Activation Code. All you need to do is approach any NBAD branch and complete the Verified By Visa/Secure Code Request Form. You will soon receive your new Activation Code in the mail. Then proceed as explained above. On the whole, you should try to complete the registration process at your earliest convenience, so that you can begin to avail of the additional security benefits that come with this service.
- How does VBV/SC work when making purchases at participating merchant websites?
- You will select the goods or services you want from the participating merchant website and proceed to the payment page.
- Enter your NBAD Visa or MasterCard credit card number and the participating merchant website connects with NBAD to check whether your card is secured with by VBV/SC.
- If you have already completed the VBV/SC registration process, the VBV/SC pop-up window will appear on your computer screen displaying your Personal Assurance Message. The Personal Assurance Message was designed to reduce the risk of fraudulent merchants presenting false credentials to unknowing internet users in order to gain access to personal financial information. The appearance of your very own personal assurance message gives you the assurance that the screen presented to you by the merchant is authenticated by NBAD.
- Confirm your Personal Assurance Message, then enter your VBV or SC password, depending on which credit card you are using to make the purchase. NBAD will then confirm your identity to the merchant.
- Your payment is authorized and your order is placed. It’s that simple.
- Can I register with my existing Visa or MasterCard or do I need to apply for a new Card?
You can register with a current and active NBAD Visa or MasterCard. Credit cards which have expired or have a status other than normal will not be eligible for the service, until renewed/regularized.
- When my card is automatically renewed, does my permanent VBV/SC password need to be changed?
No, Not at all. When your Visa or MasterCard is automatically renewed, you can continue to use the same VBV/SC password.
- If I replace my Visa/MasterCard, does my permanent VBV/SC password get affected?
Yes. If you have replaced your Visa/MasterCard and your card number has changed, then you will need to register for the VBV/SC Service again. You can do so quite simply, by filling the Verified By Visa/Secure Code Request Form available at any NBAD branch. You will soon receive your new Activation Code. Thereafter, follow the steps mentioned in the item relating to registration.
- What if I forget my permanent VBV or SC password?
If you have forgotten your permanent VBV or SC password, you will need to register for the service again. You should approach any branch and complete the Verified By Visa/Secure Code Request Form, after which you will receive you new Activation Code. Thereafter, follow the steps mentioned in the point for registration.
- How does the participating merchant website know that I have registered for VBV/SC?
Participating merchant websites will automatically recognize your Visa card or MasterCard credit card number if you have already registered it for the VBV/SC service.
- Is my permanent password and Personal Assurance Message securely held?
Indeed, it is. Such security information is stored in encrypted form in NBADs secure servers. Additionally, each time you perform a VBV/SC e-commerce transaction at a participating merchant website, your password and card details are communicated using a high level of encryption.
- Do I need any special equipment or software?
No. All you need is an Internet connection and Internet Explorer or Netscape browser software version 4.0 or above. To find out if your browser is compatible, go to the “Help” menu in the upper right of your browser and select the “About” option. It should tell you what version is installed on your computer.
- Using VBV/SC, can I perform e-commerce transactions from a different computer than the one where I registered from?
Yes. You can make purchases at a different computer. However, in this regard, we always recommend that you perform your e-commerce transactions from your personal computer at home or office, since at publicly available terminals, it is possible that various key capture programs and other undetectable devices may be operational, without your knowledge or express consent.
- What are some of the tips I should be aware of while performing e-commerce transactions over the internet?
- Use a secure browser - look for an “s” after the “http” in the web page address or URL.
- Look for the “Verified By Visa/Secure Code” mark. This is the indication that the merchant website is also participating with Visa and MasterCard to make the internet more secure for e-commerce.
- Keep your password secret. Just as you keep your ATM code secret, keep your VBV/SC permanent password secret.
- Use the Internet to compare between shops before buying online
- Compare products and prices before you buy - click around to find your item at the best price.
- Protect your card details. Only give your Visa or MasterCard details when making purchases, do not provide them to anyone (including Bank staff) for any reason.
- Check delivery and return policies. Before completing an online transaction, read the delivery and return policies on the online store’s home page. Find out if you can return items and who bears the cost.
- Keep a record of your transactions - just in case you need to return an item or have a question about your purchase.
Get cards of both major brands - Visa & MasterCard
NBAD offers both Visa & Master Card free for yourself, as well as your loved ones enabling you to use either card for your transactions. Conveniently usage on all your cards is billed under one statement but shown separately for clarity.
Free Purchase Protection
Enjoy total peace of mind as you shop, because most items purchased using your NBAD credit card are automatically insured for up to $10,000 against loss, damage or theft [Learn More]
Cover is valid for up to 90 days from the purchase date, and includes
- purchases that you have made while traveling abroad
- items that you may have bought as gifts for others &
- items purchased by your Supplementary Cardholders
How to make a Claim …
Attach the required supporting documentation (as mentioned below) and submit it to any NBAD branch within 31 days of the loss.
- Original purchase receipt
- Card transaction slip or a copy of the credit card statement to confirm that the card was used
- In case of stolen item claim, a copy of the police theft report is also required
- Completed Claim Form (This will be provided at the time of submitting your Claim)
All claims have a deductible of US $ 25. For damaged item claims, the insurance company may require the item to be given up for inspection & salvage. Other standard exclusions may apply. This is a product summary only. A copy of the original policy is also available on request. In any areas where this information is unclear or ambiguous, the policy document takes precedence.
Free Roadside Assistance
As an NBAD credit cardholder, you are also entitled to free 24-7 Roadside Assistance coverage in the U.A.E. Services are within city limits and include towing in case of a car breakdown, battery boost service, emergency fuel delivery service. [Learn More]
Services are provided by International Motoring Club; IMC. The Emergency Roadside Assistance, is available free of charge to NBAD credit cardholders 24 hours a day, 7 days a week throughout UAE.
To use any of the services, please call IMC Call Center (Toll free 800 4101)
- Vehicle Towing Service (within city limits)
If there is a breakdown or accident, IMC will tow the vehicle to the nearest garage.
Where the vehicle’s battery is dead for whatever reason, IMC will jump start the vehicle to enable you to carry on with your journey, or will tow the vehicle to the nearest garage.
IMC will change the flat tyre with a spare tyre. If no spare tyre is available, IMC will tow the vehicle to the nearest garage.
If keys are locked inside the vehicle, IMC will make attempts to gain access to the key to enable you to carry on with your journey.
- Emergency Fuel Delivery Service
In case of emergency fuel shortage, IMC will deliver emergency fuel direct to you, and you need only pay the cost of the fuel.
Terms and Conditions:
This service is valid subject to the cardholder maintaining a valid NBAD credit card account. Membership covers only one vehicle per cardholder. Maximum 3 services a year.Any changes in the details of the above vehicle must be notified to the IMC Call Centre immediately. IMC is responsible for the cardholder’s vehicle during the time it is in their custody only. Emergency Roadside Assistance services exclude provision of new and/or replacement batteries, tyres, spareparts. Emergency Fuel Delivery Service excludes the cost of the petrol.
Free SMS Alerting
Be informed whenever your Card is used.
Each time a transaction is made on your card or your supplementary cards, you’ll receive an instant SMS message, letting you know exactly how much has just been spent. This service enables you to notify /check any suspected unauthorized transaction with our 24 hour call centre, thereby preventing any subsequent unauthorized transactions
A dedicated range of support services on your NBAD Visa Gold card, from reporting lost cards to emergency cash disbursements. [Learn More]
- Lost and stolen card reporting service
Call us on our toll-free number 800 2211( within UAE) or +9712 6358001 (outside UAE) the second you notice the theft or loss of your card and we’ll block your account immediately.
- Emergency card replacement
If your card is lost/stolen when you are abroad, you can call us for an emergency replacement card for delivery within one business day.
- Emergency cash disbursement up to USD 2,000
Sometimes unforeseen circumstances leave you unable to access cash while you are abroad. You can call us for emergency cash disbursement up to USD 5,000 within 1 business day.
- Free medical & legal referral during travel.
Visa’s international medical and legal assistance service supports you and any immediate family when you are traveling together, to a location outside of your principal country of residence for up to 90 days.
Unlimited number of Supplementary Cards for family
Get unlimited number of Supplementary Cards for your family members. You can even set separate spending limits for each Supplementary Card, thereby giving your family greater spending convenience whilst still retaining control. Supplementary cardholders do not have to be UAE residents.
Interest Free Credit for up to 51 days
Get between 20 days to a maximum of 51 days of interest free credit on your purchases, on payment of the current billing statement in full.
Balance Transfer at 0% Interest
Transfer your existing other bank credit card balances to your NBAD credit card and take advantage of the 0% interest plans as follows:
- Repayment Plan 1 (upto 11 months) : 0% interest free for the 1st 3 months, then 1.5% flat per month
- Repayment Plan 2 (upto 24 months) : 0% interest free for the 1st 6 months, then 1.5% flat per month
Peace of mind with Credit Shield
An optional feature that ensures your credit card outstanding is waived in the event of death / disability /sickness. In times where you or your family are unable to meet your liabilities, the amount you owe is taken care of. [Learn More]
NBAD credit cards offer reassurance in unforeseen and adverse circumstances that can affect us all.
Outstanding balance is waived in case of
- Death due to any cause
- Total & permanent disablement due to accident / sickness
- Critical Illness
What are the benefits?
- 100% of the cardholder’s credit card outstanding balance* is waived, up to a maximum of AED 50,000 in the event of death / total permanent disability due to natural cause or sickness of the principal cardholder
- If the death / total permanent disability is due to an accident, an additional lump sum payment (AED 50,000) is made to the cardholder or his / her family.
- If the principal cardholder suffers temporary total disablement due to accident / sickness , he is relieved from paying the minimum due on his / her credit card for up to 3 months
- 100% of the credit card outstanding balance* is waived, up to a maximum of AED 50,000 if the principal cardholder contracts any of the covered critical illnesses – stroke, heart attack, cancer, coronary artery bypass surgery or renal failure.
What is the cost?
All this security for just 40 fils for every AED 100/- of your credit cards outstanding.
Remember, this is an optional benefit on your NBAD credit card.
- If you are not covered, and would like to add-on this beneficial feature, you can do so by calling Toll Free 800 2211
- If you are covered and would like to cancel your cover, you can do this by calling Toll Free 800 2211
* Or credit limit, which ever is lower
For any query on coverage, benefits, claims, please contact - National Bank of Abu Dhabi, P.O. Box – 4, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Toll Free: 800 2211 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit Shield – Policy Conditions & Exclusions
- Includes only primary cardholders.
- Minimum age for entry is 18, insurance cover ceases on attaining age 65
- Entry or Exit into the scheme is allowed at any time.
- Re-Entry of a cardholder is subject to the following conditions: * Cover will only operate after a 3 month waiting period * Medical evidence of good health may be required
- Permanent and Total Disability; If the cardholder is totally and permanently disabled due to an accident/sickness, & hence unable ever again to follow his own occupation/ any other occupation for which he is reasonably fitted. * the disability should result within 90 days of the accident/ sickness.
- Temporary Total Disability; If the cardholder is totally and temporarily unable to follow his normal occupation. The disability should result within 90 days of the accident / sickness.
- Critical illness; Benefits payable, subject to a waiting period of 120 days from the date of joining the scheme. * Illness has not been contracted prior to joining the scheme. *For the claim to be paid, the claimant must survive 30 days from the day of diagnosis. * Diagnosis must be by a recognized medical authority in the U.A.E. * Covered Critical Illness - cancer, coronary artery bypass surgery, heart attack, renal failure, stroke. (for further details, please refer to the Policy document)
- The cover shall terminate on :*The date on which cardholder cancels Credit Shield. /*The date on which card account becomes overdue by 6 months. For Critical Illness – in addition to the above, benefits shall expire on the date of the first occurrence of the event on which Critical Illness benefit becomes payable.
- In the event of a claim, please notify the Bank within 90 days of the incident giving rise to the claim, together with the supporting evidence required. Critical Illness claims must be notified within 90 days of the diagnosis
- This policy is in accordance with and subject to U.A.E Law.
Benefit will not be payable if death/disability occurs directly or indirectly as a result of any of the following causes:
This is a product summary only. For further details, please refer to the Policy Document. This is available on request. In any areas where this information is unclear or ambiguous, the policy document takes precedence
- Exclusions for Life Cover Claims
- Active participation in a war or in warlike operations.
- Exclusions for Disability Benefits including Critical Illness
- Active participation in a war or in warlike operations.
- Attempted suicide or self inflicted injury.
- Any breach of the law or assault provoked by the Cardholder.
- Being under the influence of alcohol/drugs other than in line with the directions of a registered medical practitioner.
- Aviation, gliding or any other form of flight. However fare-paying passengers of a recognized airline / charter service are covered. Airline crew while on duty are also covered.
- Hazardous sport/riding /driving in any form of race/ competition.
- Involvement in any underwater activity.
- Nuclear fusion/fission or radioactive contamination.
- Mental illness or disease.
- Pregnancy, childbirth or abortion, or any of their complications.
- Any pre-existing disease or medical impairment.
- Infection from any HIV, AIDS or any AIDS-related condition.
With nbadOnline, you can enjoy the convenience of banking with us 24 hours a day and from anywhere in the world via a desktop or laptop (with internet connection) [Learn More]
- View account details, balances, obtain mini statements
- Transfer funds between your NBAD accounts (except Fixed Deposit and loan accounts)
- Make online utility payments to Etisalat, ADWEA, AADC, DEWA
- Pay your NBAD credit cards bills
- View up-to-date transaction summary on your cards' spending
- Download transaction data into Excel, Quicken or Microsoft Money for easy reconciliation
These are just some of the free services available through nbadOnline. nbadOnline Application Forms can be downloaded from www.nbad.com